View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2021, 05:18 PM

Truck: 1964 I1000
Jethro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jethro's 1964 I1000

My experience with inline 6 cylinders has been pretty limited. Back in the day, everybody I knew yanked em out and dropped in a small block. But I want to keep this one.

According to the VIN my truck came with the 230 cid. The guy I bought it from told me it was the original engine so the fuel pump I ordered was for the 230. When my new pump arrived it was completely different than what was on there. The guy was wrong.
Did some scraping and researching and found out I had a 250 out of a 67-70. Ordered a pump for that even tho I was kinda bummed that it wasn't the 230 that was supposed to be in there.

Once I had a fuel pump that fit and got it bolted on I fired her up and the carb immediately started spewing fuel. Ordered a rebuild kit.
In the meantime I messed around and found out the number 6 cylinder had really low compression. Found another engine, a 66 230 out of a Malibu and bought it. Figgered I had to pull the engine anyway cause the throw out bearing was growling pretty bad. Why fix an engine I didn't really want?

Got a new clutch kit and flywheel from Summit.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

And dropped in the 230.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?