View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2013, 02:46 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Refacing a clutch disk can usually be done by a local shop that does brake relining. Check with a auto machine shop if you have one there in town. If they do brake work, linings and disks that is, they probably can talk clutches. Disk refacing and getting the pressure plate resurfaced (if needed) is worth doing while you have that transmission out and are playing with throwout bearings etc. I don't know what a GMC clutch disk is made out of. If they are those fiber things, you might be able to locate a new one thru a parts vendor. Since I'm working my way in that direction with ol' Dudley64 I'll be interested in what you come up with. Foley
We do have one locally so I hope they're not too high. No one sells GMC 305V6 clutches anymore so we all have to get them redone. Mine looks kinda thin IMHO, but I don't know what they look like new.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.