View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:37 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

The tranny was out of the way so I could reach in and grab the throwout bearing with my fingers.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The clutch fingers(?), those three things behind the fork poking toward the center hole, had wear scuffs on them and they were shiny. I wonder if they're supposed to be that way or if that could be my noise?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I spent the next several hours taking off the transmission hump cover and four bolts from the bellhousing, then the hydraulic clutch bits, then the bottom starter bolt but nothing would let the bellhousing come down. Frustrated, I just started spinning the flywheel and taking these bolts off on it.

I had to stick a screwdriver in these little circular holes in the other side to hold it still while I turned it. You can see the screwdriver at the top of the picture.

To my surprise the entire thing dropped out on my hand when I pulled out the last bolt. It hurt like HECK too! I guess it weighs 15-20 lbs. Good thing my hand was the only thing under there. It would have busted my phone wide open. Here's the empty socket it fell out of

And the clutch disk

Its thickness

And the bottom thing's thickness

And that was it today because i dont know what's next. Id like to figure out the bell housing issue but if not I can clean it up and paint it when I get a cherrypicker and pull the engine for painting later. Not the end of the world.

I also need to figure out if my clutch is worn enough to get redone and if the bearings are bad. The throwout bearing spins nicely but it might have other issues. I just dont know what Im looking for yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.