View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:04 PM

Truck: 1962 1000 Standard Widside LWB
Brian62GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holley Carburetor Conversion

Thanks for all the feedback.

I went ahead and ordered the adapter from O’Reilly’s and the carburetor from Jeg’s. Should have them in a couple of days.

The fuel pump I installed was the Carter P4070 with a PSI of 4-6 or 8 depending on which document I was looking at.

I guess I was assuming the adapter would fit the manifold exactly but then it wouldn’t be a universal adapter. Is expanding the manifold something a machine shop would do or can any repair shop handle that?

I don’t think I’ll modify the old air filter but I would like to get a replacement that looks something like the original, at least black. The chrome ones I see on the internet look too modern for me. I’ll shop after I get the carburetor.

Sounds like all the other adjustments will have to be dealt with as the installation progresses.

Thanks for the help. I have had so many manual fuel pumps break down after a couple of months and now the carburetor is gummed up so I have to use the choke to get any power going up hill. I decided to cut my losses and make the conversion.

Bigblock will understand that I had to turn around above Willits on 101 because I couldn’t get up the long hills without full choke. At least I didn’t get towed home that time.

Brian