View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2016, 06:16 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 1/2 ton SWB Fleetside
AngryPirate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Pick up VIN location

I should also add, this is quite obviously a GMC cab. The dash looks nothing like the Chevrolet cabs, the engine matches my year(305A) as do many other components, so there is no doubt this is the correct tag for this vehicle.

Do the math:

1. it has a legitimate GMC serial # that matches my vehicle

2. The engine ID matches the year on the serial # tag

3. There are pictures of GMC ratings plates WITHOUT serial #'s on them

4. There are pictures of other GMC 1000 series trucks with the tags on the A pillar

5. This truck was pretty much untouched and not hacked on at all.

6. The paint matches on all the panels. If you dig down through the green top coat, you get down to the original yellow, on all panels. Chevy and GMC did not share the same color pallets

7. Since these trucks were made in several locations, the process may have been different for tagging

8. If said manual states the plates are in a certain location, does that mean that the manual is correct, but fails to mention or know that other locations or possibilities exist? It seems that the manual is not incorrect, but rather incomplete.

9. Since people have been posting that their GMCs have the factory holes for the plate, in the area that mine is in, but no plate and that since I'm missing my ratings plate, but the holes exist for it, and my a pillar plate has all of the ratings information on it, with the GMC moniker, it seems the logical conclusion is that not all plants followed the same tagging procedure.

It seems that my truck may be an anomaly or not encountered or posted about until now and on the information site for this very forum. But everything about my truck lines up, except for the location, which again, could be correct, since it's an original badge, with GMC written on it and has the correct information that lines up with my truck.