View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2016, 12:02 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Re: Turn Signal Issue

Thanks for the advice all!

jimjaz: There are a few old trucks around. Most of what you see though is folks getting rid of the V6 in favour of a V8..... Not my style. I'm hoping to progressively modernize it a bit (front discs instead of drums, dual master cylinder etc...) but I don't want to try to turn the old guy into something that is so far removed from what he started out life as (a solid and respectable truck). One thing that I'm refusing to do is change it over to right hand drive. It's the principle of the matter.

As far as wiring goes, I've had quite a bit removed/replaced, but nothing added. There's no radio. No AC. No heating. Having said that, the previous owner did make a bit of a mess out of the steering column while trying to install a new turn signal (he gave up after awhile). He also added an electric fuel pump and a replaced the wiper system.

I had an auto electrician remove all of the old non-essential wiring (hence the no radio) and replace anything that was broken or screwed up (someone had forced too many wires into too small of a hole in the firewall with no grommet. Consequently there were exposed wires rubbing etc...) It's also gotten a pretty thorough going through at a garage.

Long story short (I didn't think I'd end up typing this much, sorry) the wiring throughout the vehicle is all clean and new. So I'm hoping this problem isn't something too crazy.

To be honest, I hadn't thought to put my ear to the flasher to see if I can hear it ticking. I feel a bit silly now LOL. I'll do what you've suggested this afternoon and see how I go.

Thanks again!