View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2022, 07:51 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My 1960 GMC 1000 Build Journal - Feb 2022

Well, we have yet another crash and burn. I don't know how I can only find criminal body shop owners to do business with but I've done it once again. First, they said the 2000 price to dustless blast the parts resulted in him using too heavy a grade of blast media and that required them to hand sand every square inch after blasting to make it smooth enough to seal; resulting in 5K of hours. So 7K in, I have a blasted and sealed cab. In the meantime, they took the bed and all front end parts to a storage bldg and let them rust with no primer or sealer applied. When asked how that methodology could possibly be right, the shop owner declared all blasted metal must be sanded following and before sealer. I am no shop owner, so I had no leg to stand on experience-wise to counter such a statement. About that time he sent me 17K in invoices alleging such was the amount of material and labor expended to this point, and I told him he could keep the truck and sell it if he though he had raised its value to anywhere close to 17K. He replied and I quote "your cab is worth about 1000 dollars if anyone would pay that" and went on to say it was all labor running the bill up. Anyway, I am disgusted and here are a few shots of why I feel ripped off to no end (by the way, I absolutely did not pay one dime, but got my truck back as you see it)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg driver door opening.jpg (1.69 MB, Multiple views, 2 clicks)
File Type: jpg header panel.jpg (2.63 MB, Multiple views, 2 clicks)
File Type: jpg bed rust 6.jpg (851.5 KB, Multiple views, 1 clicks)
File Type: jpg bed rust 1.jpg (933.3 KB, Multiple views, 1 clicks)
File Type: jpg inside rear cross sill.jpg (1.68 MB, Multiple views, 1 clicks)

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)