View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2016, 05:53 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So where is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I think these things go in waves. Trucks are really cool for a couple of years then they die out as people realize that they can't just tear one apart and have it magically rebuild itself. I still LOVE my truck, but I haven't had time to work on it because I'm getting older (finally out of my 30s) and now my kids have projects I have to work on (thanks kids). And there's the older generation with their issues, we able bodied have to take care of them and do for them.

I guess it's the big LIFE getting in the way. Anyway, it'll come back around. I'll be finished with the kid's car this summer and the boat I bought for the Prodigal Dad, then it's back to my old mainstay- my truck.
Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm not even 20 yet and between school, working 6 days a week so I can save money for my trucks, keeping the place looking decent, cutting firewood, and the list goes on....I'm busy! Oh yeah...the Heat. haha It's tough finding time, and when I Do have time it's hard to get motivated cause sometimes a man just needs a break. But, when I do get truck time...I spend a Minimum of 6 hours straight. haha! Amazing what you can get done in that amount of time. Got my 66's cab completely stripped and ready for cleaning on a Saturday I had off. Now it's building a roller cart for it and making a cover so I can sand blast. But since it was in the 90's yesterday....the a/c in the house sure was nice. And it's just gonna get hotter from here on out to. Ah well, that's what 5:30 AM is for!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.