View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Restored 1963 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Sure does not look like a quick rebuild to me. I guess I don't understand all the criticism of this truck. I see trucks that have been lowered with 22" wheels,set on a newer frame,jacked up,small block chevys,customized,and really crappy body work and it almost brings tears to my eyes.That truck is not 100% as new from factory, but looks VERY nice.Please post pictures of your nicer truck. Thanks, Dave
Did you read the advertisement for it?
No where does it say they rebuilt the motor, transmission, or axles.
No where does it say new brakes

The *only* thing the advertisement mentions is the cosmetics.

I have seen a lot of trucks and cars for sale, most have been proud to tell you what they did on every component. They also tend to show the underside, so you can see the work done there.

Without that, it is a pretty truck. All they mention and all you can see is that it has been cleaned and repainted. So it is a "quick" cosmetic fix.
Likely done in their shop, as a "quick flip".

Yes, it is a pretty truck. But for the money, I bet you can get one painted all purdy for about the same.
And since they don't seem to know anything about the truck (rare engine... uh, that is the default factory engine) it is fair to question whether they actually did anything beyond the visual.

I don't have to own one to see what is wrong with one.

I can't figure out the paint job though. It is *easier* to break the paint at the weatherstrip. The paint job they did suggests the truck was assembled and sprayed at once... which is not a "professional" method.
<quick edit>
looking at the pictures again, I would bet it was a "close doors and hood and shoot it" since it doesn't appear to be a sharp edge where the interior and exterior paints meet. So not a professional paint job...
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500

Last edited by David R Leifheit; August 26th, 2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: paint