View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: '60 deluxe heater control levers

While this is NOT a true RANT, its’ at least a ‘what the heck’ moment. While doing my research into replacing the defrost lever that broke, I wanted to find steel levers vs. pot metal. A lot of the truck catalogs carry pot metal and while I certainly won’t use the heater much in the south, I did not want to have to repair this again EVER.

I was able to locate levers on eBay listed by Old Factory Air, they are made of steel part number 50-6325, it’s a complete kit with the 3 levers, spacers, knob letters and the lock washer, they call their parts "Never Pop Lever Kit". The ‘what the heck’ moment isn’t the price of $44.00 is was the call of FREE SHIPING. I went to Old Factory Air’s website to read the tech specs and confirmed they are made of steel, they list the parts for $38.00. I called and inquired about the eBay price of the $44 with free shipping and was told, “everyone does that”…….

I still bought them because they are made of steel, but that’s a **** of a way to do business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Levers.jpg (47.5 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)