View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2014, 05:08 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: V6 in a 1970-72 Jimmy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969_CM2590D View Post
Well, there's one a few hours from me. I've called and emailed about it, but no response so far. If this is a dead end, there will be others. If I do get to see it I'll let you know and take pics, etc...

I've got the download of the dealer book for the 1970 Blazer from GM Heritage. I'm assuming by 1970 the Jimmy would have been a badge engineered Blazer. Or would have offered more options in the mechanical end of things?

Thanks bigblock for the suspension and frame information. It's nice to know that won't be a hassle. I wonder if there is any literature/info on conversion packages, what all they consisted of, tech info, and documentation? Obviously the OHC won't be as easy as I thought. I'm glad the link worked Doug. I use that site a lot.

A wife's endorsement is something a man should pay attentions to, even if he's single...

Edit: It pays to dig- just found the original leather key fob from the dealer in the dirt in the glovebox, where I also found the dealer emblem that was glued to the tailgate at one time. I wonder if the Protect-o-Plate will be under the seat?
Yeah bigblock's and Ed's info was interesting to say the least! I knew that this frame and suspension configuration had V-6 engines before the Jimmy was introduced for the 1970 model year but had no idea that ordering one was possible! That would be the rarest Jimmy ever! It would really be fun to build a clone to look like what could have been ordered!

I dated my wife in the Jimmy we now have when Mom would let me drive it and we have been married coming on 36 years so this Jimmy was not only my Mom's but it has been part of her life since she met me! Wife endorsement in my case is a no-brainer!

I can't say about your '69 which I assume you are referring to with the key fob and dealer tag reference, but the Protect-o-Plate was attached to a brochure in the glove box in Mom's '70 Jimmy. I still have it too.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday