View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2021, 05:15 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Hello, another update.

To sum up what I've done so far:

- Filled the rear axle with diff oil, using the instructions given here. No leaks from the diff cover and wheel seals so far

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

-Rebuild the Stromberg WW carburetor.

-Cleaned out the oil bath air filter

-Pre-bent all the steel brake lines for install, copying the old lines, with a couple of extra lines for the dual master conversion.

-In the process of painting the frame with a rust convertor/stopper and then a proper chassis/frame paint.

-Repaired the wiring harness that runs to the taillights.

-In the process of installing H4 lamps. These are required here as the original sealed beams are not allowed in the Netherlands. The connectors are pinouts are the same so they are easily installed and could be reverted if needed.

-I will be saving the original GMC tailgate and rear fenders (if possible). They are now at the sandblaster to remove the baked on paint from the fire.

-In the process of rebuilding the deluxe heater. It will be powder coated black and assembled with fresh gaskets. The heater core is still good and the blower motor could use a little oil on the bearings.

-In the process of performing all sorts of interior related work. From glove boxes to heater controls.

- Forum member AZKen, is helping me out with a ton of parts that will be needed for the build. Much obliged Ken.