View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2017, 10:34 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Radiator overflow tank?

Accessories are sold usually by dealers. Options are factory. If that is what you are asking. I was merely saying that the box says it's an accessory item. It's not a factory item in that case.
This same discussion was started on 67-72 ChevyTrucks site by Jake on 8MAY17. Other members of 6066 are also responding. Some have Chevy Data from 66-66. No recovery tank options or accessories. Others say no factory tanks on 60-66 trucks. The advice there is no factory recovery. The picture Jake posted that he got from a 6066 member is also on there from a guy who saved it from years ago. He is ClassicV6GMC's from Overland Park, KS. I really don't think these are true factory installed. I would have to see one or two in person and examine the mounting and see if it was bent, modified or monkeyed around with. Probably never get the chance to do that. The picture does show the strap kind of designed for the inner fender but I can't see if it was modified and can't see where else its mounted. Can't be just one tie point. I do see evidence it was modified. I see a bolt towards the rear of bracket that looks like the original foot was bent, bolted to the other foot and an extension strap to inner fender was added. A conspiracy theory for sure. If it was made for 64-65 it would not be designed like that. The person adding the tank would have to change or modify the radiator cap for it to work. That modification is described in the 50's Chevrolet literature for the recovery tank accessory.

Last edited by AZKen; May 12th, 2017 at 11:30 PM.