View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Truck: 1962 3000
Schroer1962v3000Dump is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Drum Stuck adjuster frozen

I Replaced both sets of brakes last month along with rebuilding front wheel cylinders. The Wheel kits I purchased for the rear where incorrect so I tried honing and rebuilt rest of braking system. Lasted maybe two days before one of the passenger rear wheel cylinder flooded the drum. I have tracked down new replacement wheel cylinders for the 4000 series that seem to be a match. For some who don't know there are two sets of wheel cylinders per wheel and two Brake Adjusters per wheel for the rear.
Now to get to the Crazy..... one of the adjusters will not move !!!!! WD 40 soaked Super large standard screw driver the same one I used last month to a cold chisel which broke off one ear of the adjuster. Tried both loosening and tighting. The Drums where in Excellent Condition but there was a small wear line even with the other adjuster completely turned down the drum is not moving...

I have in the past on a 63 burb used the opposite wheel drum for a puller but I was 16 then and have had a few Beers since then plus these are massive drums

Any Help or Ideas would be Greatly Appreciated

Ps: Trying to avoid pulling Axle