View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Then slide the cover that we slipped on earlier back down over the plug. It has a little bump on the inside so it will only go on one way.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

My wire looked ratty up where it hooked to the compressor itself so I put a romex connector on that too.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Here's this pic again. I put the plug-in box on the wall about 4 ft off the ground so it would be easy to pull the plug.

The next thing I did isnt shown. I measured and cut off my electrical PVC, then drilled a 7/8 inch hole with a wood spade bit in my ceiling. Then I crawled up there and poked the end of my 10/2 romex wire down through the hole. I had the Powder Puff grab the end and pull it to the ground. Better to have too much wire than not enough, right?

Then I threaded the wire through the PVC pipe.

Then I threaded it through the 90 degree waterproof connector. Lid first.

Now I put the PVC up through the ceiling. Here's a pic of the ceiling, but it looks like the floor. Camera was upside down I think?

Now for the plug. Heres a little tip. Don't strip your wires sheathing with a razor by pulling it all the way up or down the wire. You might nick the other wires inside!

Instead just use your dykes and snip the sheathing about 1/2 inch deep from the end like this.

Then just peel it back with your fingers or with a pair of pliers. It peels back easy once you get a slit cut in the front.

Now put connect your receptacle. Black is "x" or gold screw, white is "y" or silver screw, green is the bare or green wire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.