View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Fetch,

Not to be picky, but on both of the junction boxes, you have too many connection for the size of box you're using for the one in the attic, are there any electricians on the BB? I know it will be a pain, but you might consider upsizing the box to the next size larger or so. The draw on the wires may cause a heat issue.

The junction box with the orange wire as well is too crowded as well. I've learned a few thing from my electrical studies.
Its already a 4" box and the space is kinda cramped. Would it be OK to do my pigtails on a separate box? Like this:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
I've done that splice stuff in the attic job before and it's about as much fun as a doe it urself root canal. I'd agree with jbgroby on the size of those junction boxes. It also would be safer if that compressor had it's own dedicated 30 amp circuit but I'm figuring you already checked that out. Just be careful not to run the compressor while the little woman is baking something. I don't know if it would trip the breaker, but it could really heat up those wires sucking that many watts through those wires. And it goes without saying Mr. FMP that having a nice 80 gal unit is a dream come true. Congratulations.
Yeah that's going to be a discussion because sometimes while we're outside working the redhead (emblem painter) will surprise us with brownies. I'll have to be careful to let them know when I'm using a tool that is heavy on the air.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.