View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:15 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

My covers finally came in so I put the round-hole cover on my compressor plugin and my box in the attic. Then I ran the oven AND the compressor at the same time. The breaker didn't trip and the box registered 91 degrees after 20 minutes. I still might run another box up there for safety's sake but it seems ok so that'll be a job for another day.

The compressor plug looks professional though. I'm pretty proud of it

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I spent time throwing things away, cleaning out the garage, and watching the kids draw cityscapes on my driveway with chalk. Good times.

After the final sweepup I banged my leg on those fender support rods I mentioned earlier. That was the last straw. I had an hour to kill so I got my 9/16 wrench and my 9/16 socket then spun the rods off right quick. No sweat.
I forgot to take pics though because one of my kids was playing with my phone. Here's a pic of the hole to remember where they go.

Then I wire-wheeled the dirt and rust off. After that it was off to the paint board. Well, not really. I heard about this really neat stuff called

that turns rust into a hard black INERT (non reactive) coating. It's great for hard to reach stuff that won't wire-wheel well like my next project.

I sprayed them down with this stuff liberally after wire-wheeling. They'll get another brush-off tomorrow then they'll get coated in bed-liner because they're in a very harsh environment right there by the wheel.

After that I grabbed my tire mount and started wire-wheeling it. THis is where having the Ospho stuff really came in handy.

I wired as best I could but there are some very tight corners in here. I couldn't get them as well as I would have liked. So I did the best I could and sprayed this Ospho stuff all over it. It turned out shiny and puurrrrty. The pic on the other hand was blurry as all get-out.

That's all the time I had today. Next thing will be power-washing all the dirt and rust off the frame and rear end. I took a screwdriver and poked at some of that rear axle dirt today. It is every bit of a quarter inch thick and hard as concrete. I'm not going to try sandblasting through that mess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.