View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2018, 04:59 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

So where were we? Oh right. I replaced that whole under-cab fuel filter with a new one and a new O ring. Should be good, right?
Nope.

Try as I might I still could not get gas to come to the carb. Or even to the filter! I primed and primed and primed and primed that carb but got nothing.

I thought, Hmm, maybe my carb filter is full or bad? Don't know how it could be, it wasn't before...but OK. So I took it off and ran straight pipe to the carb from the fuel pump.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Still nuttin! I primed that entire hose then, to see if the pump would shoot it back out. Maybe the pump was bad? But no, it shot all over the place. Pump was fine.

I scratched my head, drank a pepsi, and thought a bit more. Wonder what would happen if I primed the whole line all the way to the under cab filter - wait, no. How about ALL THE WAY TO THE TANK???

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So I took a gray funnel and stuck some fuel tubing in it, about 2 1/2 feet worth.

Then I stuck my fuel filter on the end to have it be the right size to fit into the fuel line that ties to the bottom of the fuel pump.

Then I unplugged the fuel pump, held the funnel in one hand way up high (way higher than the gas tank inside), and started slowly filling the line up.
(no more pics, had to use 2 hands)

And when I was sure it was full and washing back into the tank, I hooked it all back up again, spilling gasoline all over myself and the ground, and tried to start her again.

And surprise, surprise, Cecilia came alive again! Woohoo!

She smoked, and puffed like a railroad bull for about 20 minutes too. I don't know what crawled up her butt while she was parked but it was not happy about her running again, haha! Eventually she quit all the smoking though, and I thought "Heck, I might as well take the old girl for a spin".

I stepped inside, shut the door, and put my foot on the clutch - and the dang thing went straight to the floor. It didn't even try to come up! I pulled it up by hand and ran around to check the master cyl. Of course it was dry.

So I filled it up, pumped the clutch by hand, and it still didn't stay up. Not sure what happened here, but as of right now I'm clutchless. I'll try to figure that out and get it fixed before winter. Talk about your let-downs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.