View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2019, 08:21 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

My last time to fiddle with Cecilia was October 2018. That's too long! I got out there today and you know, it's been rainy and yucky so it's wet everywhere. there's no reason to work on my other projects when it's nasty. Let's tinker with Cecilia! I miss driving her.

I also hate her wheels and tires. They're easier to turn, but they look so bad. I really need to do something about that.

Anyway, today was all just a tinker. I jumped in thinking i'd add just the right resistor to her fuel wire and poof! She'd be good again. Wrong!

I removed the sending unit.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

With the sending unit removed and the float all the way down (empty) I get this on the gauge.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So I looked at moving this tab that keeps it from going down further.

Like so..

And while it did move lower for me, it still didn't make a difference on the gauge. It was like it was stuck at that 1/4 tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.