View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2019, 10:04 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

I meant to get her running again today and adjust all the little bits that make the motor run better, but I forgot that I ran the gas out of her to prep for the gas tank work. I spent over an hour priming and trying to start her again. Ended up having to prime all the fuel line back to the tank, and then prime everything in front of the fuel pump. Fun times.

Several times i walked past the bed and thought "I really need to make a maiden voyage to the dump". I have been throwing stuff in the bed for a while now. So once I was finished getting her running again I got the tailgate from the fence where it has sat propped up for the last (probably) 6 years. It was filthy.

I put it on the top hangers and checked the fit. I guess the ground didn't rust it down to nothing, thank goodness. It fit like a glove. Then it was time for the hardware.

I remembered seeing one of the latch bolts on a shelf with the spare tire holder. The bolt was still inside it, thank goodness.

But there was only one of them in there. And no chains. What the heck?

I poked around a bit and and then a tiny spark of remembrance sparked up - I liked to put stuff in plastic buckets when i was working on tearing her apart. And in the bottom of my parts cabinet I found this crushed, messy mess.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

But guess what?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

And?

Hallelujah!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.