Thread: Novice
View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2022, 08:02 PM

Truck: 1960 GMC K1000
WadeS is on a distinguished road
Default Novice

Hello, I recently became the owner of a 1960 GMC K1000 (3rd Generation) with 74,108 original miles. This beauty has been gathering dust in Grandpa's barn for the last 20 years and I have decided to start restoring myself. I originally wanted to have a professional restoration shop do the work to expedite the process but ran into so many roadblocks with every shop I spoke with (no call backs, 2+ years wait, no look estimates for 150K). The engine runs smooth at idle, but it sputters for a couple seconds when you touch the gas pedal which is why I need to find a carb rebuild kit for the leaking 1904 Holley 1 barrel. Thus far I have replaced the water pump, fuel pump/filter/line, tires, rebuilt transfer case. I'm new to any type of restoration and doing my best to make this a weekend driver. I'll probably need to replace the wiring since none of the lights work either. This will most likely turn out to be a labor of love for the foreseeable future but am really excited. Looking forward to talking with the many experts here on the forum and sharing a passion for such a remarkable and unique truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic2.jpg (2.32 MB, Multiple views, 18 clicks)
File Type: jpg Pic1.jpg (2.64 MB, Multiple views, 14 clicks)