Thread: Novice
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2022, 11:41 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Novice

Couple ideals have been mentioned about your carburetor choices - if your truck was mine - I am speaking this because I have been thru where you are - get your kit and follow the rebuild recipe from "Mikes" and hope your problem is over for a while - or get a later 2 barrel intake and rebuild the original 2 barrel carburetor that would come on it. While the Holley 500 is a GREAT carburetor and runs as well on a engine that can digest the amount of gas offered - putting one on a STOCK 305 V6 is a recipe for sleepless nights and fouled spark plugs. I run a Holley 500 on my 351 Magnum with good results BUT the engine has been tricked with a custom camshaft, shaved heads and block decked, full flow dual exhaust with a H pipe and multiple "trail and error" carb jet changes and accelerator ramps. Short story is the Holley 500 will make your 305 fall flat on its face.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?