View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2022, 01:55 AM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Internal parts aveability

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscowMule View Post
We need to pull the motor anyhow cause someone installed a aftermarket oil filter setup on the driver's side fender well. It has original canister filter still. This one on the fender well has no filter or return hose on it. However the oil pan is leaking where they drilled the hole with a hose going to this housing. So we are going to weld that shut and clean the motor up and repaint it to original red color. I'm praying everything well be good on the inside, cause it runs so good and sits there idles perfect. Thank you again
I use to have that same oil filter on the fender well. Its a toilet paper filter. They change it when they change the canister filter. Its a partial (low volume) flow filter. In theory it will clean the oil better the the canister oil filter, but it return back to the oil pan and not to the engine. I had removed mine. It had made a very big mess on the frame below it.