View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:37 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road
Default Stopping a thief from taking your truck.

These trucks are easy to steal and vary popular, I hear stories all the time about trucks that dissapear over night. So lets talk about ways to made it harder for the Thief to take your truck.

Vent windows are nice to have and easy to brake in thru, so you should think about a vent window lock. I know there are some on the market.

Another good thing is a battery disconnect switch, you don't need to have one like this one below, but a good one should be out of sight and easy for the owner to reach.

This switch is in my truck, I can shut off both batteries or just one or the other.

A hiddin Kill switch helps too, but it should be something that hooks to the negitive side of the coil, so that if some one hot wires your truck it still wont run.

Speacking of hot wiring, you mite want to look into a lock for the Hood, keeping the thief out from under the hood will stop them from hot wiring it or by passing you battery disconnect. also helps keep your battery from walking away durning the night, which I had happen once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.