View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2015, 11:02 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 1/2 ton SWB Fleetside
AngryPirate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305a V6 ignition parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
The thing I like about the various forums I visit, including this one, is the tradition of almost unfailing courtesy and helpfulness.
I don't read every post so there may be some "history" between Pirate and Ken that I have missed.
If not, then the courtesy I expect seemed a little strained here.
I hope it is a one-off.
I appreciate almost any reply, and I suppose that I have only one post on this forum may have prompted Ken's response. I guess I was taken aback when I saw the "you should really try the Internet" response when I have done lots of digging and I was posting here in case it was some gmc (not Chevy) weirdness with the distributor and other ignition parts. I was baffled when I kept getting the incorrect parts and before I attempted again I was wondering if someone else had experienced this weirdness and had some insight or possibly some online purchase history that could yield a specific part number.
I guess I took the response the wrong way and I apologize to Ken.
I always search the forum for the answer before posting my own thread. I just didn't see anyone else having an issue with finding correct parts is all.
I am always very gracious for any help, but I guess I have a hot button when it comes to any (my) perceived condescending comments.
Apologies for the misunderstanding