View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:46 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
62Stepside is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Guy Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayoterun View Post
Nice truck!
I bet you guys will have fun at a cruise, or show, when Jeep guys come up and ask what-in-the- world iz zat?
Sure looks rust-free and straight sheet-metal, too.

I've worn out 2 '78 Jeep pickups, 1 '80, and still use a low mile '78 for bad weather. All with 360, quadra-tracs, toughest trucks I ever drove for farm use. I'm sure a Jeep believer for tough, hard-use trucks. Wish they still built them.

Looking forward to watching what you do to your truck.
Do you know what the approximate mileage is on the truck?
It was a great find for a jeep guy like me. My son was asking for a jeep project for about a year before I started to look for one. This was the 4th one we looked at... It was 3/10 of a mile from the house, too. I suppose it was meant of be.

My first vehicle as an adult was a jeep Comanche and that truck worked and played hard. I've been a fan ever since.

No idea on the mileage, the speedo cable wasn't hooked up... It still isn't. I just took pics of the T-98 stamp on the tranny tonight, and the adapter plate, too. The mileage on the instrument cluster is a 89,000. But that's not saying much. With the straight body, minimal cancer, though, you never know. It is on my list of stuff to do to do a compression test on each cylinder.

The bench seat has "72 Grand Torino" written on the side in yellow paint marker. I guess the acyronym J ust E veryone E lese's P arts fits this jeep more than most. It does have a limited slip in the rear axle, but I don't know the gear ratio... That stamp/tag is missing.

Here's a short video of when the previous owner fired it up for us. It sounds like a louder singer sewing machine to me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Iw5oTgVI7D8