View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2017, 04:15 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Strip or Sand old paint

I finished sifting through the forum looking for this topic but didn't find it so was hoping those of you who had completed this process could help me decide.

Currently the truck has 2 coats of paint, the original and a repaint, in approximately 61, to all white so it would match the camper they bought for it. She's completely straight. I thought I saw a couple bondo spots where the white was a little brighter, but I ran a magnet over it and I think that must just be a tad thicker paint in those spots because the magnet doesn't hesitate. The only body work will be the rust holes in the fenders and a spot on the driver door that caught the cancer from the fender spot. The old paint is kind of odd...at this point of decades in the sun it almost looks like house paint, the way it is pealing off and all.

Anyway, the decision to be made is, do I strip it to bare metal or just DA it back to the original paint/primer. I have been reviewing options for going bare metal none of them are very appealing. I'll still do it if I need to but I don't want to do it 'just cuz'.

Thanks much for responses in advance.