View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2015, 03:04 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 305a V6 ignition parts

I do a lot of "shopping" on line to get part numbers and pictures, and after many corroborating facts, I then try to find the parts locally so as to touch and feel and compare before buying. Just as Jagarra said. I have found that some online retailers are easy and fair regarding returns. I don't use any of them unless I have to or the price is way low. Amazon seems good for returns. RockAuto is NOT. I don't use them anymore for purchase but really, really, good for part numbers. As I said way back, buy at a store near if you can. I have learned to do cross referencing on the internet. It has taken a lot of time to learn how to do that to end up with the part at O'Reilly's. They do not always have an old truck part listed on their site or computer. Their dates don't go that far back sometimes. I am speaking of all kinds of old trucks/cars I have worked on, not just GMC. Places like O'Reilly's will take back a part, no questions asked especially if you have built up a rapport.

Last edited by AZKen; July 20th, 2015 at 03:10 AM.