View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2017, 01:52 AM

Truck: 1963
gmcdan1963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '65 Dash Cluster Wiring Terminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
On the Digi-Key site, hit the pdf. file to the left. That is the dimensioned drawing. The DigiKey terminal is tinned so you can crimp and solder if you wanted to. I think you will of course, have to cut off the tab in the front. The tab may be for the tape and reel. Not sure what it is?
I use my phone for internet at home and can't open PDF's. The digi-key website is also not as friendly with phone use as some of the others, that's why I went elsewhere that was easier to navigate on my phone after I had the part number I needed.

The spade terminals are handy for ground terminals. I don't always use them, I prefer the ring terminals but sometimes it's nice to have a spade that doesn't require the complete removal of the machine screw or fastener holding it in place.

The terminals are manufactured in a roll and it is part of the manufacturing process. The original ones in the GMC have the same flat edge where it was cut and polished/sanded down. These will obviously need to be cut and cleaned up, but I don't consider that modifying them.

Thanks,
Daniel