View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2016, 12:51 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Here we go.... 65 Suburban 4x4

Quote:
So I was surfing Craigslist the other day for the heck of it and came across a 65 305e for sale. The owner said the engine had either 121,000 or 21,000 miles on it. It was from his great grandpa's truck he bought in 65. They pulled the engine in 2000 and swapped in a 4 cylinder diesel. He said the engine ran and was fairly sure it had only 21,000 (what the odometer read). Anyhow, I figured I'd offer him $100 and have it for a parts engine. He accepted my offer. Score!!!! Here are a couple of pics. There wasn't a drop of oil on the outside of this engine and I believe it is the original paint. It has been stored inside for 16 yrs. The freeze plugs even look new. The condition of this engine makes me believe it is a low mileage one. Sweet!!
The paint and everything looks new! I'd guess you're right. That's the best looking spare I've seen ever.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

That virtually guarantees you'll have a GMC powerplant in there for another 65 + years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.