View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2019, 09:38 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

Quote:
Question: The driver's side shock stud was loose. From my research, I believe that is a common issue with these trucks. It will work itself loose or crack the frame. Is there a "fix" for that?
If I'm not mistaken the original shocks came with the stud made on the shocks. When they were replaced the first time you had to installed the studs then the shocks. The problem is that when the studs get installed they did not properly tighten the nuts (due to lack of access to the nut). This resulting in elongating the mounting holes and or cracking the holes.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Might had been the same person that installed the shocks also installed the engine mounts (welded)/crossmember (loose bolts). I also found the studs was loose on my 1979 pickup (the other company that we won't mention that has a similar body style) when I had the engine out, I made sure they were tight.