View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2021, 03:09 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Is it my fuel pump?

I can't tell from your answers if your new fuel lines were used while tank was rusty. By that I mean fuel line from tank to pump inlet and the line from pump outlet to carb. So if those lines (both of them) are clear, Do the following: be SURE there is gas in tank, install pump, install line from tank, install line on pump outlet and run the line into bottle and crank for 20 seconds. Don't guess, use a clock. Report. No more hand tests. No more tests with tank line disconnected. Bottle should start to fill and should see strong pulses of gas squirting. As you know as a rebuilder and restorer, there are several possibilities. I intend for us to find which one it is.

When I asked about filters: I wanted to know where they are in the system. Before pump, after pump or both.
I know you have done tests already and have made some judgments. I understand you said you are getting fuel to pump but not out. Please understand I can not factor in any of that. I have to have you troubleshoot using my method, the way I would do it. There are lots of methods. Please don't vary from my methods even though you don't agree or think you have already done them. Please be sure lines are clear, real sure. As you report results, I will have a few little other tests. If you don't have patience for any of this, I understand. Just let me know ASAP. All I know is you have asked for help and I am very pleased to help.
I realize it's pretty easy for me to say "buy another pump". But if you are like me you want to be sure. It would be really nice if you could find a part number or any markings on the pump you are now using.

Last edited by AZKen; April 14th, 2021 at 05:21 AM.