View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2019, 11:33 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 Custom Wideside SB
jagarra is on a distinguished road
Default Turn signal cancellation repair

One thing that has irritated me since I have had my truck is that the turn signals only cancel when I make a left turn, no right. I had purchased a replacement cancellation finger set a few months ago, today was nice so I figured I would repair the signals.
After I figured out how to get the horn button off, I carefully marked the location of the steering wheel to the shaft, I used a cut off q-tip, dipped in my girlfriends nail polish to mark both parts. After I marked and removed the horn components I came to the turn signal switch, with It’s broke cancellation ear on top.
The nylon unit was attached to the switch mechanism below it through a shaft that was terminated with one of those push on once clips and the end of it flared so it would never come off. So it was sandwiched against the switch and cancellation arms. That shaft was also where the turn signal stock screwed into on the side on the steering column.
Based on the options, it seemed the best method was to drill the shaft and thread it so a screw could be used to hold the whole thing together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DirStart.JPG (91.7 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg DirDrill.JPG (93.8 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)