View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2015, 07:19 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 1/2 ton SWB Fleetside
AngryPirate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305a V6 ignition parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
Scott, you need to learn how to use the internet for parts more effectively. If you can't find them, we can help. But you need to try first. I found everything you want at the first place I tried , Rockauto. This is not to discourage you from posting a problem or question. Trying to inform you that all we do is look it up for you. Try O'Reilly's, Autozone, Napa, etc. or whatever you have in your town if you don't want to order online from Rockauto or your link. Usually if you have searched correctly and they say it fits, it most likely fits. Buying locally is always better to check the part at the counter and for returning. But I buy a lot from the internet because of price and not available locally.
P.S. I have the same truck you have....cool!
Yeah, I have tried the Internet, a lot. the parts I received have been incorrect or don't match what's on my truck. For the most part, the truck is pretty much original, so I'm assuming that the ignition parts are still oem as well. I've also tried most of the usual online resources (lmc, classicindustries, classictruck, bowtiebits, etc, etc) as well as AutoZone, NAPA and Oreillys.

Quote:
Usually if you have searched correctly and they say it fits, it most likely fits.
Not true in the case of these trucks, in my experience. The parts at times are incorrect or they just don't have a listing for them.
I owned a 61' chevrolet truck with a more conventional v8 and parts for that were super easy to find.

I've ordered many ignition parts from Rock Auto that have turned out to not be correct for my truck.
I'm asking these questions here because all the other avenues have failed to yield the correct parts for this non-typical engine.
I have looked at other sites and they list parts for only the I-6 engines.

Please don't assume someone is Internet inept or hasn't already attempted other avenues when they most likely have.

The most likely case is, perhaps the distributor for my truck was switched out and is no longer oem and this is causing me to not find a match on all of the online resources.

Thanks for the 'advice'.