View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2023, 07:48 PM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Installing Oil Pressure, Volts, and Water Temp Gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrspud View Post
nice... is this the "write up"? https://6066gmcclub.com/showpost.php...38&postcount=7

is that a spacer on the temp sender in the block? Will both ports on top of the oil filter have the same pressure?

thanx
Jerr
Thanks Jerr! Yes, that’s the write up on the triple gauge installation I did, and I believe I did another write up on adding the two period correct batt and tach gauges. Unfortunately, I just realized I should have included a full list of part numbers to assist with follow-on questions.

In ref to your temp sensor question, I’m rusty on the details, as I did this almost ten years ago. I believe the existing threads in the engine block are NPT (pipe threads) and the sensor threads may be standard or tubing? So instead of a spacer, I believe it’s simply a fitting to get the proper thread mating/engagement. Then I double nutted the wire connector onto the sensor stem.

In ref to your oil pressure question, I believe the pressure would be the same at both ports, but I would double check to see if those ports share the same internal cavity. There may be an integrated cast stiffening rib on the under side between the two ports, but it may or may not act as a divider? Perhaps someone has one laying around they can post a photo of to validate.