Thread: New guy here!
View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2018, 10:59 PM

Truck: ‘64 gmc 920
Trostan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New guy here!

She’s more rust than steel in most of the body. Needs front fenders, inner fenders, new floor pan, pretty much a whole new box lol. Definitely need a good look at the susprnsion, hoping to remove all of the front paneling and the box, and get started on it. No radio, nothing really unique that I can tell, besides being a 3/4 ton and having the optional v8. Definitely a long project!
And yep, nice 8’ fenderside, apparently they are “less desirable” which works well for me because that’s my preference! I’m hoping to some day be able to put the old girl back to some light work!

The fuel tank it toast, so the previous owner rigged a tank into the engine bay, gotta shut it off after every use or it gravity drains into the engine. Rads pretty rusty too, all the electrical will likely be replaced. No lights work though the horn does

Engine fires right up, and idles alright once it warms up a tad. About the only thing that does work besides the 4spd, otherwise it never would have made it onto the car carrier!

Hoping to restore/mod a bit, power steering, disk brakes, a few other things, just to make it more practical. But I hope that’s about it!

I’m going to need a pile of tips on getting the engine running smoother, and I’m going to doing a crash course on body work!
9FF41337-E7A1-4F7B-8811-D7F0DFCDCB20.jpeg
DA92CA14-50A7-48B2-93E2-4525BA25CAE5.jpeg
ED581A1D-721A-4919-A867-972542CFCBC3.jpeg