View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:07 PM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1968 Galaxie 500 Convertible

Jolly: Your '68 brought back some fond memories from back in the mid 80s when my daughters were teenagers. We had built other 60s converts. for them, so I needed a new project. Bought a '68 Ford conv. that had been "rode hard and put up wet", then parked for several years. Had a fairly sound running gear, but rotted top, seat covers. tires and paint. Got it road worthy on the cheap, ask the girls what color paint. Mary Kay PINK, so it got a coat in our shop of Mary Kay rustoleum PINK. Sears seat covers, new top and tires.

As it turned out, the old car had almost a line-up of teenage girls wanting to use it for proms, parades, weddings, or any other excuse to borrow the old flivver. One girl fell for it, and talked her folks in to letting her have it, so I sold it to her at a very "affordable" price. She worked at a mall, had it parked there, an elderly lady pulled in, hit her accelerator instead of the brake. Totaled the Mary Kay PINK car. The gal that owned it cried about it as if it was a new BMW.
I repeat Mary Kay pink, because when the girls talked about it, they always called it with the full name.

Sorry for the ramble, but thanks for the memories, and enjoy yours.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by Cayoterun; February 8th, 2015 at 11:19 PM.