View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2017, 07:54 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 305 V6 to sm465 Transmission

Quote:
Interesting....... guy did a swap in a 63 Chevy. Some of us are rebels.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Greetings TJ!

The swap of a GMC 305 V-6 into an '84 Chevy sounds like an interesting and unique project. Definitely would be a true "one of a kind" truck! Given that there is a correct GMC V-6 bell housing available for the SM465 Trans to bolt up to, the only other problem I can see is the engine mounts themselves. There should be no problems with drive shaft length since GMC also used the SM465 Trans. There are differences between the Chevy engine mounts, and those of the GMC Big Block V-6. Since I had two complete trucks to work with, swapping the GMC 305 V-6 into my '63 Chevy was fairly easy. I still wish I had that truck! People were astonished when I had the hood open and they saw that monstrous GMC V-6 sitting where there should have been a Chevy 292 I-6!