View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2023, 02:04 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need help with my front park lamps/turn signals. I have a 1966 1001 GMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquibdl View Post
Still can't get the dome light to work. Bulb checks good, dome housing has power on one side of the bulb, and I can bypass the light switch across the bulb by jumping that side to ground and see that the bulb lights up. Any ideas here? The rest of the light switch is working fine, just the dome light is not coming on with the switch.
Have you tried grounding the dome light wire at the headlight switch? This will make sure if the wire not broken, if the light comes on then the wire is good. Then the problem would be at the light switch. The switch body needs to have a good ground. If there any paint or rust on either side of the switch mounting hole our on the switch body where it make contact with the dash will need to be clean. While you have the switch out make sure the switch has a good continuity (with the switch in the on position), from the male spade terminal to the switch body.

Hope this help.
James