View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:13 PM

Truck: 1966 1000 Wideside 1962 1500 Wideside 401 Magnum
Quigley will become famous soon enoughQuigley will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Restored 1963 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R Leifheit View Post
Exactly... this isn't a restored truck, this appears to be a truck someone did a quick rebuild on with the intent of selling it for the big money... it is the vehicle version of a "flip"... as evidenced by the vehicles in the background. The seller sells "restored" classic cars at as high of price as he can get.

Which begs the question... how much of this is actually a cosmetic rebuilt (a clean and repaint) instead of an actual frame up rebuild. I didn't see any pictures of the frame from underneath...

And apparently you are not supposed to drive it since there is no place to put the license plate...
Sure does not look like a quick rebuild to me. I guess I don't understand all the criticism of this truck. I see trucks that have been lowered with 22" wheels,set on a newer frame,jacked up,small block chevys,customized,and really crappy body work and it almost brings tears to my eyes.That truck is not 100% as new from factory, but looks VERY nice.Please post pictures of your nicer truck. Thanks, Dave