View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2015, 06:00 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 3/4 Ton Wideside
GJones is on a distinguished road
Question Need Guidance on Adding AC & Power Steering to a 305e big block V6

I need some advice fixing up Grandpa's truck.

Last year I found my Grandfather's 1966 GMC 3/4 ton farm truck. He sold it around 2008 before entering a nursing home and passed away in 2010 (at the age of 93). Unfortunately, he either didn't tell anyone who he sold it to, or if he did, nobody could remember.

I called every wrecking yard and car lot for 50 miles and found nothing, I looked on and off for 5 years and had given up, before stumbling across someone by accident last spring who knew what became of it. It had been sold to a guy who repainted it, and sold it.

I tracked him down and found that it had sold two more times before I was able to finally track it down and purchase it.

I am now trying to restore it for my sons to use when they get older. In the restoration, it's important to me to keep it as original as possible (meaning I don't want to part with the 305e V6).

Grandpa used it as a farm truck. He would use it to haul cotton trailers to the Gin. It didn't have Air Conditioning and he never bothered putting it in.
I also didn't have Power Steering.

I'd like to add both to make it easier and more comfortable driving in the city. I purchased Power Steering and AC kits off EBay that both 'claim' to work on a 1966 GMC 1500 3/4 Ton pickup.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to install either (so far) because of the pulleys and brackets.

Does anyone know where I can find brackets and pulleys to add these onto a big block 305e V6? Or, if there is a later model engine that may have brackets and pulleys that would line up with a 1966 big block 305e V6?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by GJones; March 26th, 2015 at 08:02 PM.