Thread: New Guy Alert
View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:10 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
62Stepside is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Guy Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
I ran in to you last year at the Valley home depot. We chatted about your truck,The maroon one, you showed me the engine, and discussed powerlocks and t 19 trans. Now I will have to post a pic of the 68- M715. Barry

Wow, it's a small world after all (sing along if you'd like). I remember that, we also talked about lockers and differentials, too! I ended up using my M Series Dash as a pull out drawer for some shelves, lol. Post pics of your M Series, I am always glad to see them.

Thanks klausz!

Meanwhile, I did manage to score a deal on a 65 gladiator truck that had a recently recovered bench seat. So I slowly dismantled the 65 and labeled and stored the parts and scrapped the rest (the bed and cab were about the only peices I couldn't reuse).

So I cut a few inches off the mounting brackets to set it down in a more comfy place.

Semi-gloss paint

Oh yeah, we did insulate the floor after painting it and treating it for surface rust:

We re-used the old rubber mat after repainting it with bumper paint and a vintage refurbished sparkling green floor mat all over black Ottozone black carpet.

So that's where we're at- I did swap in a speedo cable from the 65, too. So now the odometer works as well as the speedometer itself!