View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

My littlest blonde has a birthday coming up in two days so I'm trying to get Cecilia out of the garage in time to take her birthday pics. And for winter too. I don't move much when it gets cold.

This afternoon I did a couple of piddly things. I wire wheeled and ospho'd the drive shaft that I had forgotten about.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It'll get a coat of herculiner on the shaft. I dont know about the pins etc. Im kinda afraid that would mess them up so I'll probably leave them as they are.

I threw away the old pins for the shifter and set aside my new pins.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I discovered that I had herculiner'ed my shifter bracket here to a piece of cardboard so I got a razorblade and cut it off. That was fun. Then I had to re-herculine the balder spots.

I did some touchup and wiped up the excess on the hump. I still need to get a new rubber liner.

then I sprayed another coat of rustoleum bedliner on the shaft. The rustoleum liner is thin and smooth, better for interior places you'll be touching. The herculiner is like those playgrounds that have chopped up rubber underfoot. Thick and grabby. Not what I want on the shaft of the 4x4 shifter. I stuck it in a hole in the frame to dry

Then I squirted some grease in my new throwout bearing.

And finally I put another coat of blind-your-face orange on the transmission and recoated these two stepside braces. They had spray-on stuff on them first but this stuff is much tougher and they live under the truck so they get coated.

That was it today. Tonight or tomorrow I'll try to mount the tranny and get her moving again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.