View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Pepsi: By chance, does you differential have a metal tag on one of the housing bolts? Many years ago a lot of them had a metal tag with the ratio, etc. stamped them hung on one of the bolts. They also got lost over the years, or gears had been changed, but not tag info, too.

Just a possibity????
No such luck, amigo. I looked all around that sucker and all I have is some numbers stamped into the axle that apparently mean not much of anything.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
Progress is progress! Real easy way to tell a gear ratio. Jack up the back end...mark the drive shaft and a wheel. Turn the wheel 2 revolutions. If the drive shaft turns under 4 turns then you probably have 3.54 or 3.73. If it turns more than 4 you should have 4.11.

That's pretty simple. I'll give that a shot. Thanks TJ!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.