View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2016, 10:35 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

With the bolts done as well as they're gonna get, I put the cover back on, starting with the top bolt and leaving the brake line for last so I could wiggle it around again to get to the bolt holes.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Now get your big fat crescent and pull this fill-hole bolt out.

Pull the top off of a bottle of this...

And glug glug glug! She's supposed to drink 1.3 quarts of the stuff. Cecilia drank 1 1/2! But that's because...

It was leaking out the front! Didn't I just replace this seal? What the heck?

Maybe not, but it sure seems like I did. Either way I'll need to replace it soon. The oil made it to the fill line (it started coming back out the fill hole).

So I just buttoned 'er up. And that was it!

It was interesting that I had a tooth break loose. I'm guessing that's what caused the gouges on the case thingy in there. I don't *think* it'll be a long-term problem since I got it out of there, but I might look into getting new gears in the future. That's not a pretty sight and I wouldn't want to go dragging anything too heavy with missing teeth until I've talked to someone that knows better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.