View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2015, 03:33 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Torsion Bar Suspension Sway Fix

Hey Funky, Well good things come to those that wait. Joe Pass from the thread you posted, finally got to road test the sway bar. He posted yesterday that it works great. He also added a sway bar to the back axle. I am going to order the Addco 117 and try to emulate his install. From what I gather, the end link style is better suited to this type suspension than the direct connected type. And it is adjustable, where the bolt on style is not. The 1 inch thick spacer blocks he fabricated from aluminum are the only missing piece to make this kit work with the 60-61 Torsion Bar trucks. I can not believe no one has stamped a couple of brackets for this purpose. The ones from the later model trucks are designed to mount with the back foot going up with the arch of the frame. Where the 60-61 trucks are still rather flat where the brackets would connect to the frame. I may try to get a machine shop to make me a couple of level brackets. They serve to move the bar 1 inch from the frame, so it clears the power steering gear box and the front bumper brackets. This should be relatively painless. I will update next month when I get the Addco kit. Thanks again for all the help, GM