View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2015, 03:56 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Off topic stuff...Obamacare

So I says to myself, Ken, I says...I says don't get in this pepsi trap. Because you're on Medicare and don't worry about it and don't pay anything when you get sick. I will never be on Obamacare. But in deference to my kids and grand kids, who don't want to join 6066 to discuss this, I must say. Anyone who says there is little effect or it's working and helping lots of people needs to realize what has happened. Millions had no insurance but got medical treatment somewhere before ACA. None of them complained. Obamacare was a way to get votes, "a chicken in every pot" thing. Really the American thing to do. Now those people who got free health care before are getting it now. The community activists, Like our Pres used to be, took their laptops around to all the poor neighborhoods and signed them up for Medicaid. I say Medicaid boys. A bunch of other people who somehow got into the government ACA system signed up and got subsidies, I say subsidies boys. And millions signed up with no subsidies. Now the Medicaid people ain't complaining, people in Government who can keep their insurance ain't complaining, Old folks ain't complaining and people start thinking it's a cool deal. Everybody is insured, we did it.
We just ignore the millions who are trying to tell us that they now can not afford insurance at all or they don't go to the doctor when they are sick and just spread what they have to the Medicaid folks who can go to the doctor. These people just suffer at work. They can't stay home because companies have reduced the work week and the sick time. So they are sick at both of their jobs. They have enormous deductibles and co pays and don't go to the hospital. So when I go, the Government pays, when the medicaid'ers go, the Government pays, when the subsidy people go, the Government pays some. Who is the Government? Why it's the people with two jobs. This is the shell game as pointed out.
Tell your adult kids that what others are doing is: Outside of ACA, insurance co. will write a one year policy for a single young person for a very low premium ($200/mo) and if you don't abuse it you can re-up, all the while paying the $100 penalty.

Last edited by AZKen; January 25th, 2015 at 02:30 AM.