View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:49 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: existing seat belt holes for 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
Hope this question makes sense. If I install 3 point seat belts, I am a little concerned about exact location for b-pillar hole to be drilled (comfort). I am also concerned about the rewind mechanism at floor. Do I have to drill new holes or is there some kind of bracket that mounts to the bolt holes already there?
Here's a photo of the 3-point belt I just received from LMC, Pops. The retractor and end of the belt next to it both bolt to the "L" bracket. The other leg of the "L" bolts to the floor. The anchor in the center (with the red washer) bolts to the B pillar. I like to mount them just above shoulder height to keep the belt from rubbing on my neck. The belt piece on the right (with the buckle) bolts to the floor toward the center of the bench seat of course. All the hardware shown comes with the belt kit. Installation is pretty straightforward and intuitive.

Click on the attached thumbnail for an enlarged view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat Belt.JPG (143.8 KB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435