Thread: Won't start
View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2017, 10:19 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Won't start

Yes .016 and 5 BTDC. Plug gap .030. Don't take the comments personal. Just going over everything I think of. You asked for help and I don't know your expertise or what you have done. We all can make mistakes no matter how much experience. You said correctly is must be something you did. I say maybe you or defective parts. Don't see a way that timing could be off.
Strong spark? That is great. Squirt some gas in carb throat. It HAS to start... if all those things you said have been checked. A condenser would be nice but if you have "strong" spark, then you have strong spark.

It is very strange that it does not even fire with 12V at coil and good spark. That does indicate timing or fuel. Especially if you did not take wires off dizzy. Can you describe exactly what it does? No fire at all? Starts for a few RPM's? Runs then dies? Starter spins faster than normal?

You said "Can anyone steer me as to what I have done wrong?"..........that is what I am trying to do. If you have missed something or messed something up, you don't know it. So start down the list slowly, no ego, no guilt...and you will find it. You know what you are doing. We have all done things, stared right at it, and don't see it until we wake up in the middle of the night.

I am assuming you did not take distributor out. But you did not confirm yet. These questions are not meant to disrespect but someone has to ask them. Asking questions/brainstorming/troubleshooting brings out the answer.

Last edited by AZKen; August 21st, 2017 at 10:46 PM.