View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:05 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New guy looking for help with 1962 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
According to Jolly's info, a 1500 would not have 6 lugs. Only 1000. Post your VIN and your GVW. Also check your flat bed mounting structure to see if it has scab welding or factory welding and any GMC logos or Part numbers. See if it has a brand name on the bed that someone here may identify as known aftermarket. Bottom line: I don't know anything, just trying to up my post count.
You know enough.
Every one of those were valid questions.

I notice, for example, amber turn signal lenses.
Would have been clear on the '62 (it was 1963 that the amber was adopted, if memory serves me correctly).
Weathering on the hood and fenders doesn't appear to match the rest of the body, suggesting those may have been replaced.

Haven't seen any literature showing a factory flatbed, of course now that I said that someone will post one...
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500